AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (SCQF5)
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (SCQF5) provides an excellent introduction to the world of accounting and finance. Our Accounts qualifications are delivered using a blended learning approach. This involves workshops and online learning. Students in remote areas will be able to Skype into our workshops ensuring access for all.
What will I learn?
1. Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
2. Process customer transactions
3. Process supplier transactions
4. Process receipts and payments
5. Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
1. Understand payment methods
2. Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
3. Use control accounts
4. Use the journal
5. Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
1. Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
2. Use cost recording techniques
3. Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
1. Set up accounting software
2. Process sales and purchases transactions
3. Process bank and cash transactions
4. Perform period end routine tasks
5. Produce reports
1. Understand the finance function within an organisation
2. Use personal skills development in finance
3. Produce work effectively
4. Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
How will I study?
There are 5 units in this qualification. Each one will follow the same pattern:
- Attend a workshop or Skype in remotely
- You will be given a workbook to help you prepare for assessment. You will also have online access to a range of resources and to your accounts tutor.
- Your tutor will prepare you for a mock assessment (at our premises or remotely)
- You will attend a formal assessment at an AAT Assessment Centre*
*costs include assessments at our Invergordon Training Suite. Should you require a different location there may be a small admin charge.
Becoming an AAT student member is essential to:
study AAT qualifications
sit AAT assessments
access AAT resources that support successful study and career progression.
AAT student membership fees are charged annually, and a one-off admission fee applies. Registering early will avoid delays in assessment. The cost is £131 for membership and admission fee. This is in addition to the cost of the Qualification.
The cost of this qualification is £2000. This includes membership and administration fees. The only additional charges would be for purchasing books.
However, if you live in Scotland you can get funding towards this qualification. If you live in Scotland and work part time or full time you will only pay the following:
16-19 Years – Qualification is fully funded. Your employer will pay £131 for registration and member ship fees. Your only other cost will be for books. These are about £20 per module.
20-24 Years – The qualification is part funded. Skills Development Scotland will pay £1550 towards your qualification. Your employer will be expected to pay £400 towards registration, membership fees and training. Your only other cost will be for books. These are about £20 per module.
25 Years & Over – The qualification is part funded. Skills Development Scotland will pay £500 towards your qualification. Your employer will be expected to pay £1,500 towards registration, membership fees and training. Your only other cost will be for books. These are about £20 per module.
Book a Place with Funding
If you think you are eligible for a funded or part-funded place please click the button below. Once we have your telephone and email address, we will call to discuss this with you.